I’m proud to be a member of the Albanese Labor Government, and I am working hard in Braddon to deliver the positive, lasting change Australians voted for.
At the last election Federal Labor committed to restoring trust and integrity to politics – because Australians should be able to have faith in their elected representatives. As one of our first priorities we established a powerful and independent National Anti-Corruption Commission to tackle public corruption head on.
The Albanese Government knows that people are doing it tough. That’s why we are working to ease pressure on household budgets.
- Strengthening Medicare by increasing bulk billing incentives so that more people can see a doctor for free.
- Making medicines cheaper for millions of Australians, already saving Tasmanians over
$2 million on prescription medicines in the first 5 months of 2023.
- Providing energy price relief by reducing power bills for families and businesses.
- Allowing age pensioners to keep more of their pension when they also have income from work.
- Funding a 15% pay rise for aged care workers.
And from the July this year, we’re making childcare cheaper for tens of thousands of families in Tasmania and strengthening paid parental leave to help families take time off work following the birth of a child.
The Albanese Government is standing up for families and businesses in our community.
As your duty senator for Braddon, you have my commitment that I will work hard every day to Build a Better Braddon.